Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A letter from Fred Lenter, an ol' buddy and fellow magician, back in the Detroit, Michigan area.

April 16, 2007

Hi Al,

This is Fred Lenter. (I'm sure you're wondering ... what the heck could he be emailing me about!) Well, I just had to tell you something amusing. The reason I'm telling you now is because the following has happened TWICE in the past 2 weeks.

I was working a 50 year old birthday party last weekend. Strolling. I see a couple sitting off by themselves, so I figure I'll go amuse them. I'm making some small talk with them, and they ask me if I know you, Al The Only. And they start raving about you. (Don't worry, I set them straight. LOL just kidding.) They were talking about the card on the ceiling ... They had used you for parties quite a bit in the past. (The mans name was Marshall, with an exotic looking wife.)

The point being, that this has happened in the past a few times, and TWICE in the past week, that people have mentioned Al The Only. And I have to try and follow that!!!!! Hopefully I did a good job.

But jeez, you really put the pressure on sometimes.

I wonder why the heck you moved out of town, with the reputation you have here. (Well, I don't really wonder why since Detroit SUCKS. More now than ever with the auto industry problems.)

Anyway, that's my story. I thought you would enjoy it.

Fred Lenter

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home